ABOUT THE GRUENERT LAW GROUP
We’ve built a successful corporate and commercial law practice by doing one thing: delivering first class work to our clients, quickly and affordably.
Our clients range from entrepreneurs opening their first businesses to public companies. We have represented, for example, one of the Gulf Coast’s largest manufacturers of oilfield tubulars. We have served as the primary corporate counsel for one of the largest independent directional drilling companies in the country. We have all of the commercial, corporate and banking work for one of the largest privately owned developers and operators of freestanding emergency medicine departments in the United States. We represented an Arlington, Texas based construction company that is one of the world’s leaders in public infrastructure fueling facilities, and we helped them resolve contract disputes and payment claims all over the United States. We also assisted an 85 year old gentleman in the administration of his late son’s estate, and we represent two former employees of a local steel fab shop who are starting their own business. We’ve helped local parents and coaches build a non-profit youth football league, and we’ve prepared the executive employment agreements and stock option program for a public company. We’re about first class service for clients large and small, delivered when they need it, in the most efficient and affordable way possible.
We represent clients located throughout the United States. We have particular experience with oil and gas service and production companies, healthcare providers and practice groups, industrial services companies, manufacturers, construction companies, financial institutions and real estate developers.
We do commercial loan transactions, merger/acquisition transactions, real estate, contracts, corporate governance and all varieties of business litigation. You can find brief overviews of our particular practice specialties here.
We are immensely proud to be a part of our clients’ success stories. Here are just a few examples:
- In 2014 we helped our freestanding emergency medicine client design a corporate structure that centralized facility management, and allowed the company’s lenders to obtain a first lien in varied real estate assets that originally had been acquired using a patchwork of financing and a series of affiliated LLC’s. Based on this novel corporate reorganization, the lenders released the personal guarantees that previously had been granted by the company’s physician shareholders, and entered into a new credit facility that allowed for the company’s future growth.
- In 2014 we obtained a unanimous jury verdict in Brazoria County District Court recognizing our client’s title and custody rights in valuable commercial real estate, and subsequently managed a post-judgment sale of that property for the client.
- In early 2015 we obtained a unanimous jury verdict of more than $1.5 million against a prominent Houston based healthcare system.
- In 2014 we helped our client, a large independent directional drilling company, resolve pending litigation that had been filed by a large public company competitor. The settlement allowed the client to maintain the services of a team of highly successful local employees in the Permian Basin who previously had worked for the plaintiff company. The litigation and settlement costs were a fraction of the purchase price that would have been required to acquire a similarly sized local business.
- In 2014 we helped our client, a family owned oil field rental company in the Permian Basin, sell out to a public company industry buyer. Net proceeds to our client exceeded $25 million, while our legal fees in the transaction were less than $50,000.
- In 2014 we also helped one of our clients in the oilfield transportation business acquire a large produced water transportation company in the Eagle Ford Shale, in a transaction with a public company seller. The transaction tripled the size of our client’s business. Our fee was less than $100,000 in a project that took several months to close
These are merely recent examples of the many successful outcomes that we have helped our clients achieve.
Our Commitment to Your Business
The distinguishing characteristics of our firm are the broad range of experience we bring to bear on your legal problems, our dedication to service, and our affordability.
We have self-consciously kept our team small, our offices functional but not luxurious, and our hourly rates at a level where we’re not embarrassed by them. We have small firm responsiveness and affordability, big firm background and training, and a thorough commitment to quality.